Episode 85: Rachel Swanson
Rachel Swanson joins me for episode 85 to have a conversation that I think most women will be able to relate to. Rachel is a wife, mother to 3, former dental hygienist—her smile is amazing—and now life coach, author and speaker. I asked Rachel to join me to talk about what spiritual and personal investments women need to make in their own lives, why women tend to carry so much anxiety and practical ways to help you in the moment when you feel anxious or overwhelmed.
- Rachel's coloring book: Big and Little Coloring Devotional
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- One thing that stuck with me was the reasons why we struggle with anxiety. I had never thought about how much fear is the root of all anxiety. The four root causes of anxiety are fear of lack of control, failure, loss and rejection. I can look at the anxiety I face and pin point the root. Knowing the root helps you to be able to pray more specifically.
- Surviving being a mom of little kids requires some intentional self-care. Go back to the basics of nurturing your soul—prayer and reading your bible and times of stillness to listens to God. talk to god in the car. utilize the power of prayer.
- Practical tips - sticky notes. Before she goes to sleep, she writes out 3 things she wants to accomplish the next day. She doesn’t have to worry about anything more. It helps her to not stress. And cut the guilt and hire the help.
- When it comes to self-care, figure out something that fills you up - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly. I recently wrote a guest blog post over at the Parent Cue blog on this very topic
If you are local to the Atlanta area, join me at Buckhead Church for MomLife on July 27th at 7:00pm as we encourage & equip you with the answer to several questions including “Are my kids on track?” in the areas of emotional, social, and spiritual development? That topic may sound familiar because its the latest book from David Thomas and Sissy Goff both guests on the podcast. It's only $10 per ticket! Visit buckheadchurch.org/momlife for all the details.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from CupFullOfGrace. She said, "Love listening to this podcast while getting things done around the house. Its a great inspiration to hear women from all walks of life be vulnerable and share their story with listeners. Sarah asks all the right questions and brings up the best conversations."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!